Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Review My Reasons Why an Apartment Hotel Sucks

People keep raving about these new alternatives to luxury hotels when vacationing in Barbados. They say that they’re comfortable and worth every buck. Being the gullible person that I am, I believed these people and booked reservations to stay at a particular Barbados apartment hotel. After two days of hell, I decided that I’m better off burning money at a regular hotel. For all you interested travelers out there, I heed you. Consider my reasons why an apartment hotel sucks and save yourself from grievances.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab163/jenriri/68621.jpg

(1) You really get what you pay for. If it’s really cheap, then I’m sorry, you’re going to get a crappy apartment unit and irritating service. Don’t rejoice over how much money you get to save until you see the place. You can’t really trust the internet sometimes because photos can be photoshopped and descriptions can be over exaggerated. Imagine my horror when I discovered that my “comfortable and clean room overlooking lush vegetation” turned out to be a cramped excuse for a broom closet overlooking a couple of sad and bald palm trees.

(2) A self-catering vacation is no vacation at all. What’s the point of going on a holiday to relax and unwind when you have to stress over cooking? It’s a lame marketing ploy. And trust me, if I wanted to cook for myself, I wouldn’t cook on my kitchenette’s counter top. I guess that part of Barbados doesn’t know about Mr. Muscle and Domex.

(3) What hotel service? Why they call these places apartment hotels is beyond me. I get the apartment part. But where’s the hotel? I was told that the hotel part comes with the ‘unique’ services of the staff. Oh, so they mean that cleaning lady who uses the same cloth for the countertops and the floor? And that receptionist who can’t speak English and kept insisting I “go boat trip, yes?”? I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

Trust me, skip the pretentious attempt to book your stay in a Barbados apartment hotel just to get through the recession. Better get quality lodging that’s worth your vacation leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment