Monday, March 1, 2010

My Barbados Apartment Hotel Adventure

I just have to rant about one of the best trips to Barbados I ever had. I love Barbados, but since the recession, we decided to try and be a bit thrifty on our vacation so we did not choose a swanky accommodation. Before we got to Tropical Winds, I did not know what to expect. The place was a Barbados apartment hotel so it was definitely a lot more affordable than what I was used to so I was not really raising my expectations. But when I got there, I was just so surprised, the place was great. It wasn’t extravagant, but nevertheless, it was beautiful and homey. I really felt relaxed and at home.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab163/jenriri/Hawaii_Revealed_35_0309_03_1.jpg

Here is a shot of the beautiful beach in Barbados that we went to. This was just perhaps thirty or more minutes away from the Tropical Winds Barbados apartment hotel we stayed in. Look at that magnificent beach. It was simply breath taking. I loved splashing in the waters. Plus, there weren’t that many shady characters in the beach unlike in the other beach we’ve been to where these Rastafarian looking person would ask you if you “wanted to party” which of course meant that he was selling something illegal.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab163/jenriri/01.jpg

Riding the wind and the waves was the best. This was taken by Moira with her new camera which she bought before the trip. Barbados is one of the best places for any water sport imaginable. I myself was a surfer so it was heaven for me. But there were a lot of really good, professional surfers there so I felt kind of shy. It was a good thing my surfing form was on top condition for some reason. ( Obama Bailout )

No comments:

Post a Comment